Monday, February 2, 2009

Peanut the Pilot

Call me Mother of the Year.

Welcome to the vacation version of my blog!

We're in beautiful Colorado, where the skiing is awesome, Boomer is already investigating the expert slopes, and Peanut is finding new adventures. And they're finding him!

As we finally got on our flight to get here, Peanut decided to check out the cockpit. With the help of the super nice attendant, Peanut got to meet the pilots and play with the controls. The pilots, being equally nice, got a picture of Peanut with the pilot's hat on, at the controls, smiling away. And then he got to press ALL the buttons on his way to his seat! Quite the adventure! I'm sure the friendly skies are much safer with Peanut at the controls, but seriously, no four-year-old should be able to fly a plane. I'm just saying.

Today's big excitement is a birthday... Peanut the Boy Wonder is FOUR!!! For the record, the all caps is all Peanut. He is stoked about pizza for dinner and happy cake (according to Peanut, all cake is happy cake. Far be it for me to argue.). Tomorrow is his first ski lesson, and I'll be there with the video camera. Picture my fearless one on skis, and say a prayer for his safety... and the patience of his instructor. More when it occurs!

Call me Mother of the Year.

No comments: