Monday, February 9, 2009

Peanut on Skis

Call me Mother of the Year.

After a week in Colorado, and one to go, there have been many adventures to report. Boomer is busy on the expert slopes, and thankfully has avoided injury (knock on wood). Opa is doing his level best to keep up with Peanut, and I am busily hanging out in front of a fire, under a blanket, enjoying peace, quiet, and a good book. Dream come true, kids. And then, there's Peanut.

Peanut has had two private ski lessons and has spent the rest of the week skiing with Boomer, Opa, and various cohorts. The lessons went fairly well, even after the instructor let the others know that any shrieks should be ignored. This one was GOOD!

After his successful lessons, it was time for the Boomer and Peanut show. There's a harness that parents can use to hold on to small ones while skiing. It's complete with reins (to let the kids go forth without being run over) and a handle (to pick them up after they fall). I've decided this will be useful for holding onto a certain small one at the park and on walks.

So far, Peanut has taken well to skiing. He loves going downhill with Daddy, and is quite proud of his new skill. Best of all, he comes off the slopes completely exhausted and ready for a nap. More chances for me to relax? Whatever will I do? I do believe a massage is in my near future.

Call me Mother of the Year.

No comments: