Friday, February 13, 2009

Vacation Wrapup

Call me Mother of the Year.

Has it really been two weeks?

Two weeks... where Opa and Company were amazed at how big Peanut is... where my little man went from three to four... where new independence was gained... where speed records were broken (and the sound barrier, come to that)... where three generations skied, slid, and generally bonded over skis, snow, and a certain harness that I'm swiping as soon as we get home.

It's been amazing here in Steamboat Springs, and if you get the chance to come and play, I highly recommend it. It's been beautiful, and I have pictures and video to prove it. There will be many stories told over again, and Peanut has had the time of his life. Best of all, he's doing his best to convince Boomer that he can do this all by himself. Granted, letting a four-year-old alone on the slopes is a REALLY bad idea, but hey, at least he's not afraid. Or so I remind myself. Hour by hour.

However, we're on to a new adventure: finding all of our stuff and packing it. We leave tomorrow, and I'm sure Peanut will find new adventures in the airport as we wait for our plane. Plus, we have the added bonus of seeing Nana and Papa and telling them all about our trip. For now, though, I'm running through my arguments as to why Peanut will not be able to fly the plane home. Wish me luck.

Call me Mother of the Year.

No comments: