Friday, November 21, 2008

Treasure Seeker

Call me Mother of the Year.

I'm not sure I've mentioned this yet, but Peanut has an obsession with pirates. For the record, Opa's Talk Like a Pirate Day is not helping. Right now the obsession involves seeking buried treasure. In throw pillows and clean laundry.

Courtesy of Nana and Papa, we have a toy pirate ship, mainly because I was desperate to entertain the Wonder Preschooler in cold months. We are now following an imaginary treasure map in an attempt to find the treasure of Peanut's dreams. Trains will probably be involved. So far, we have braved the Confusing Couch, the Looming Pile of Laundry (clean! Clean I say!) and the Positively Petrifying Pile of Throw Pillows. Good thing I was an English major; my supply of adjectives is exhausted.

I think I know how to handle Christmas: massive treasure map.

But for now, I must investigate the treasures Peanut comes up with. And plot my revenge to Opa for Peanut's constant yelling of "AARRRGGGHHH!" Most importantly, though, I need to report for duty.

"Right Captain Mommy?"

"Right, First Mate Peanut. Full speed ahead!"

Call me Mother of the Year.

No comments: