Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming!

Call me Mother of the Year.

There is much excitement among We Who Follow Peanut. Christmas is coming. Peanut's yearly obsession with lights, cameras, and wrapping paper (wait, that's not right! Oh well.) is in full force and I am laughing. Best of all, the family is coming in full force. I'm rejoicing.

Peanut's a bit confused about this whole Santa deal. He gets the whole presents thing, but jolly fat man entering without Doggy Luke sounding his personal alarm isn't working so well. He gets the pictures of Santa, but doesn't quite believe in him yet. Wait until next year. Then I can use Santa for my nefarious Make My Kid Behave Scheme that has worked so beautifully for Runner Up. A note about Runner Up: I wanted a different name for her, but she informed me that if I am Mother of the Year, then she's my Runner Up. And the name stuck.

However, there are presents to be wrapped, Christmas cards to be sent, and many treats to be made and eaten. From my wonderful family to yours, may your holiday season be blessed with love, laughter, and all the joy of the season.

I would be remiss if I didn't thank all you who were kind enough to tell me your thoughts on my last entry. For your kind words, your support, and your stories, thank you from the bottom of my grateful heart. The process is ongoing, but that's another blog.

Call me Mother of the Year.

No comments: