Friday, May 14, 2010

Tula the Manipulator

Call me Mother of the Year.

Madam Tula has discovered a most diverting new game: Fetch. This game is best played when Tula is in her Excersaucer and Peanut (or Daddy, or other willing participant) hands her a toy. Tula then flings the toy onto the floor and looks adorable as her big brother (read: victim) picks up the toy and hands it back to her. Repeat at will. In an effort to keep Peanut as her slave, Tula is now known to babble at him as he hands her toys to fling and make him fetch.

I'm sure you've noticed my lack of participation in Fetch. I'm not sure quite how to break it to Tula that I'm not wrapped as far around her little finger as her big brother. Plus, I've played that game before with Peanut at that age. It kinda gets old after awhile.

Peanut, however, is entranced at the idea of entertaining his little sister. This means Mommy gets a break, however small, and there are no screaming or crying children. Right now, that's worth a price above rubies. I'll explain to Tula that manipulation isn't a good idea later. Much later.

And now, I've got to explain to Peanut about why gravity is not in our favor as we attempt a loop-de-loop off the couch. Please don't ask. Just know that he's not successful in this particular endeavor.

Call me Mother of the Year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, little girls they learn early how to open doors with just a smile. (With apologies to Don Henley.) Peanut being Peanut of course is going to do whatever he can to keep Tula happy.

Surprised?