Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bouncing

Call me Mother of the Year.

Peanut was allowed to go to Bounce Bounce today. And there was much rejoicing.

Bounce Bounce is a parent's dream or nightmare, depending on the toddler. For me, depending on the moment. Peanut considers it Toddler Nirvana. He can go nuts (and does) bouncing around an air-filled obstacle course. What could be better? Bouncing into other kids. Naturally.

I spend most of our time explaining (shouting) that we do NOT need to knock down the other kids and Mommy is not a part of the obstacle course. A couple of kids bounce into him, and he gets the first part of my message. Mommy is eternally part of Peanut's Obstacle Course of Life, and he's either going to knock himself out or knock me out. Not sure yet which it's going to be, or which will be preferable.

Thankfully, he's given up on the Attack of the Mommy in favor of the trains. Doggy Luke is thrilled because he knows once Peanut gets started, it's only a matter of time before Second Favorite Human gets on his level. I suspect I'll spend the rest of my afternoon alternating between Train Conductor and Belly Rubber. Wish me luck.

Call me Mother of the Year.

No comments: