Monday, November 16, 2009

Peanut Plus Technology Equals Trouble

Call me Mother of the Year.

I must be the only mommy who must hide both the laptop and the camera from the four-year-old. Peanut has discovered not only the joys of his Lightning McQueen laptop but also the fun of seeing himself through the webcam on my laptop. This is when I point out that Mommy's Laptop Is Not A Toy. We're still working on this.

Peanut, being an enterprising little soul, found that the webcam was not quite enough. He was playing with the mouse and discovered by accident how to make a movie. I'm not sure if he realizes what he's done, but the ensuing video of my small son making faces at the webcam is priceless. I wonder if I can save this for when he has children?

Peanut also has a mighty interest in cameras. He stopped dead in his tracks during the Halloween parade in an effort to see the pictures I was taking. I suppose then I shouldn't be surprised by the discovery of the pictures he took with my camera. I am, however, surprised by the quality of some of the shots.

So now I'm hiding the camera and carefully watching my son's activities around my computer. Who knows, though. I may have the next Ansel Adams here. Or Steven Spielberg. Either way, my retirement is set.

Call me Mother of the Year.

No comments: